Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Marriage: 2 years and counting!

So I was thinking today about being married. All the statistics out there telling us that the percentage of divorce is about 50% these days. That is astounding to me!

I went to a bridal shower last weekend and I sat next to a girl that was engaged. She was saying that she had a customer come in and ask if she was married. She said she was engaged and was getting married later this year. The customer then proceeded to say things that were degrading to marriage like how half of marriages fail these day. And how did she know that hers was going to be in the half that was going to prevail to the end.

This makes me so sad!

What kind of world do we live in now that the marriage rate is at 50%!!! And I'm not saying by any means that we have the all time perfect marriage. We don't. But it is something we all should be constantly working on to improve. Myself included.

To me there is nothing better then coming home at the end of a long day at work to a husband who wants to know about my day. Listens to me vent or talk about how tired I am. Loves to do things that make me happy, and me for him. This kind of partnership I think gets lost these days by the media portraying marriage as a bad thing. "So and so celebrity couple ends 2 year marriage. No surprise." It is everywhere these days. Websites for a 3 step divorce process in Utah. Come on!

I read this article and I think you should too. Married or not yet. The author, Lydia Netzer sums up perfectly would I would have said. And I especially likes how she tells it how it is!

No marriage is perfect. There are always ups and downs. But you are in it together and that is the best kind of partnership you can ever have.


2 comments:

  1. It's so crazy how everyone is getting divorced nowadays. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....Marriage is when a man and woman become as one. The troubles starts when they try to decide which one....

    ReplyDelete