Sunday, January 29, 2012

January

Well here it is the end of January and I haven't posted. Well...that other one doesn't really count...

Morgan had his 27th birthday on the 24th. 

It was a fun Sunday night at his parents house with the boys. I made one of his favorites, pistachio pie. I'm really not a huge fan of pistachio, but this pie is to die for! I got the recipe from my mother-in-law...who is the most amazing cook!! So glad she shared this recipe with me.


Wiley, Pat and little Charlie also came. It was defiantly a boys night!


After dinner we watched a few old home movies of Morgan when he was little. He is FOR SURE the older child, if you know what I mean. But he was a cute kid.


These are the "scott smiles"
The day of his birthday we had a lunch date and I gave him is first present, which was a "backpack" for his GoPro. That night I had my workout class...(oh ya I don't think I've mentioned, but I'm trying to get rid of a few extra LBs from after we got married), and then we went to dinner. After dinner I gave him two framed pictures I picked up from a local surf spot in Ventura. One is of a sunset and one is of Jalama, a beach up north. Think I did pretty well :) He can't stop talking about them. Yea for extra wife points.

This weekend has been pretty productive. We stayed around the house most of the weekend, this NEVER happens! And got some stuff done that we have been talking about doing.

I picked some kale that we grew in the backyard...and when I say "we" I mean Morgan and Wiley. Good job boys! Morgan also worked on building his fence to keep the dogs out. Yes dog(s). He has play dates in the backyard.


Oh and we went to Idaho earlier this month too. Flew out with our friends Dan and Brittany. That was a blast! Didn't take too many photos, but that place has changed SO MUCH! It was nice to drive around the town and look at all the new buildings and reminisce about the old days at school. It's a pretty awesome place for the two of us because that's where we fell in love. Mushy, I know. But true.
We drove to Sun Valley to go boarding one day, long drive, good snow.

Even got to spend some time with Chelsea!! 




This ended up being a pretty productive month so far for both of us. I'm all about being productive this year...it's kinda my resolution for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment